Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Birth Story of Zane Jay

Induction was not my idea of starting off labor. With my first, my water broke at 39 weeks, and my labor started on it's own, and 12 hours later, I had a beautiful baby girl. Being almost 40 weeks pregnant, and just getting to the point of major discomfort, and no progression at all with dilation, my midwife suggested that I be induced, and I decided it would be best for us. I was always against induction, due to the fact that if baby isn't ready, why should I force it. I was also scared that my labor would be long, and eventually end in a C-Section. Well I was very wrong.

They say to cut the length of your first labor in half to "assume" the length of your second. I didn't believe this until I saw it. This labor was literally half of my labor with Maren. March 21st, 2011, Monday night, I went into the hospital to have Cervidil inserted inside of me, to soften my cervix. This is usually procedure, especially when you have had no previous dilation or effacement. I slept through the night, comfortably, and at 5:45 am, they took out the Cervidil, and started me on Pitocin, which is what "induces" or jumps starts your labor contractions. I was 2cm dilated at 5:45. YAY! I went from 0-2 in 12 hours! I for sure thought it was going to be a LONG day!

I started to feel contractions mildly throughout the morning. My mom, and Jason's mom and sisters, and my friend Krysten (the one who took the awesome pics) were all hanging out with me in the room and everything was going fine! Contractions started getting stronger, so they ordered the epidural. At 9:45 I was 3 cm, and received my epidural.....can't say that I enjoyed getting a needle strung through my spine is very enjoyable, and my contractions got strong while they were inserting it, so it was very hard to sit still, but I made it through. Whew, no more pain, ready to have a baby!

For the next hour or so, I was feeling great. I barely felt the contractions at this point, just the pressure during the contraction. At 11:10, the nurse checked me and I was 6 cm!! Yes!!! Progression ;) She told me probably 2-3 hours and I would have a baby! We were all so excited!
THEN all of a sudden I started feeling the contractions really strong on my left side, and my right leg was completely numb. They instantly got so strong, and I started crying, and yelled for someone to get the nurse. I also felt a lot of pressure, but I knew there was no way I could push a baby out at 6 cm! I told the nurse the epidural wasn't working and I need more meds! I was hysterical at this point, tears running down my face. My husband was so nervous, as with our first, I felt no pain ever. The nurse checked me at 11:20.....YES, that was only TEN minutes after I was 6 cm! She told me that I was ten cm, crowning, and having a baby RIGHT NOW!! Oh my goodness. Well where is my midwife?!?!? I started freaking out. LUCKILY my midwife's office is right next to the hospital so she arrived very shortly as I was screaming for her, in fear I was having the nurse deliver this baby! They kicked everyone out of the room, and proceeded with set up. My Midwide finally arrived, after what seemed like a century! I pushed 3 times, and delivered our beautiful baby boy at 11:34 am, Zane Jay Gomberg. Remember we didn't know the sex of the baby the entire pregnancy. The best part, was when Jason was the FIRST to call it....."Its a Boy!" There was something so emotional and amazing about hearing him say that.
Because Zane came out so quickly, his face was all bruised and black, and his eyes had popped red blood vessels in them. The poor little guy! He is so beautiful though!

So with that said, Jason, myself and Miss Maren would like to announce the birth of our beautiful baby boy, Zane Jay Gomberg, born March 22nd, at 11:34 am, 7 pounds, 21 inches long.

{Labor & Delivery photos taken by Krysten Marlette Photography, and after delivery photos taken by Brooke Logue Photography. All edits done by Brooke Logue Photography}

webDSC_8703 (2)
webDSC_8702
webDSC_8654
webcolorDSC_8700
webDSC_8632 copy
webDSC_8664
webDSC_8629
webDSC_8707
webDSC_8657 copy
webDSC_8699 copy
webDSC_8684 copy
webDSC_8677
webDSC_8633 (1)
webDSC_8720
webDSC_8726
webDSC_8741 (1)
webDSC_8740
webDSC_8732
webDSC_8734
webDSC_8747
webDSC_8755
ebDSC_8754
webDSC_8793
webcolorDSC_8810
webDSC_8785
webDSC_8787
webDSC_8766
weDSC_8762
webDSC_8758
webDSC_7354
webDSC_7329 copy
webDSC_7414
webDSC_7358
webDSC_7359
webDSC_7427
webDSC_7498
webDSC_7512 copy
webDSC_7523 copy
webDSC_7502
webDSC_7514
webDSC_7474 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment